When you have payment processing enabled through VenueBook, you have the ability to put a temporary hold on a client's credit card for a dollar amount to be chosen by you. The funds will be held for 7 days and then released.
To create a hold:
- Select the Event File you would like to create a hold for.
- In the Event File, select the Proposal/Contract Tab. If you have alreadyFinalized & Emailed the Proposal you will need to select the Edit Proposal button on the upper right of your screen.
- Scroll down to the Payment section.
- Select the Action Cog to the right of Balance Outstanding.
- Select Create Hold.
- Enter the amount you would like to hold.
- Select either the save credit card or enter a new one.
- Select the Create Hold button.