The day of the event is here! You have finalized all details with your client and made updates to your Event File. Once you’ve executed the event seamlessly, it's time to get paid!
Venues are charged 12.5% commission and its is collected at the time of deposit. The venue is paid 87.5% of the deposit through their Stripe account and the 12.5% goes to VenueBook automatically.
Closing Out Event Payments
Most of your clients will be putting down their deposit or credit card information via their Event File within VenueBook. If your client requests to use the credit card on file for the final payment, you won’t have access to the full credit card number because we here at Venuebook are PCI compliant and always maintain a secure environment to process credit cards.
- Go to the Proposal tab and add any food, beverage, or other incremental charges that may have occurred during the event.
- Select the Gear next to the ‘Balance Outstanding’. A new window will display with the remaining balance.
- Select the credit card from the drop down or enter a new credit card.
- Add any necessary notes in the Notes field.
- Select the Charge Final Bill button.
- Please note: If you are not charging the Final Bill in VenueBook, you will have to manually schedule a Final Bill payment and then add a received final bill payment.
If you are able to accept payments through VenueBook and currently use another POS system Click here
If you are able to accept payment through VenueBook and are using VenueBook as your main POS system Click Here
If you choose not to accept the final payment through the platform Click here
WHATEVER ROUTE YOU CHOOSE TO RECONCILE
Your outstanding balance should be $0. The best things about VenueBook is that whatever you do on your end, the system automatically updates on the client's portal. All they need to do is log into the platform to see the Final Bill for the itemized receipt and the Payments tab to see the transaction.
Status Alert! Closed
Lastly, since you have been continually communicating with your client from the VenueBook platform, why not utilize the Messages tab of your Event File? From here, you can send a Thank you!
- Tip: You can also remind your client that they are able to log into VenueBook and directly to view all of the final paperwork from their event, including a receipt.