Traditional Event Leads from www.venuebook.com are called Request for Proposal Leads.
Planners are taken through a short series of questions that answer basics regarding their potential event, and that information flows into your VenueBook Dashboard. You'll also receive a Lead Alert notification email.
Take a look at the Lead Timeline below to familiarize yourself with the lifecycle of a lead. (But don’t worry, we will go through each step in detail!)
To access a Request for Proposal lead:
- Login to VenueBook
- Select the lead on your Dashboard, the event details will appear.
- There will not be contact info on any leads from the VenueBook marketplace, clients can be contacted via VenueBook Messaging.
- To message the client prior to selecting one of the two options below, click the "View Messages" button on the middle, right side of the lead page.
- Review the details of the proposal (date, time, guest count, space requested, food & beverage needs, budget, etc.)
Status Alert! New
Choose one of the following 3 options to proceed:
1. Accept Lead & Draft Proposal
Notify your client that you are interested in hosting their event. Accepting a lead is not binding in anyway. It is simply the first step in the event planning process.
After accepting you can dive right into creating a draft proposal. For assistance using our proposal editor click here
2. Accept Lead & Upload PDF Proposal (Currently only available on select leads)
Notify your client that you are interested in hosting their event and upload a PDF proposal created outside of VenueBook anytime after.
3. Decline Lead
If you're unable to host the event, please decline it. However, it may be worth it to first message the client to see if their event date is flexible, for example.
When you Decline a Lead, a new window will appear asking you to select a reason for declining, which will be visible to the client. The client will receive an email with alternative venue suggestions
However you proceed, you must act within 3 business days, ideally within 24 business hours.
Status Alert! Held